Thursday, July 19, 2012

Glow Worms in Caves By Amy

WALT: write descriptions


A dark cave, a metal boat, me and a few other people amazed at the sight of gorgeous little worms the size of my fingernail with glimmering glowing blue tummies. The different stripy rock formations made the ceiling of the cave look like it had zebra stripes. A salty fresh taste immediately appeared in the presents of my mouth. The smell of damp rock from a trickling waterfall flowed through my nose. I lay my arm back and ZING, the coldness of the metal swirled through my blood. I was breathing fresh and pure oxygen. The air around me was nippy but I was too amazed to notice, the glow worms fishing lines were like very thin chains that sparkled in the shining light from the guides head-torch. Echos from the waterfall sounded like a volcanic eruption with pouring hot lava from the tip. The guide took us back and told us to go back up the cave and out, there were so many different rock formations stripy, swirly even ones that came out of the ground. We walked out of the caves with light streaming in. I will always remember the glow worms and their webs and everything else in the Waitomo Caves.
By Amy

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Amy,
    Your excellent description of the glow worms in the Waitomo caves creates a clear visual picture of the caves and glow worms and also captures the smell and texture of the experience too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy

    I could picture everything in my head well done

    ReplyDelete