Friday, July 20, 2012

Roasting Marshmallows By Briar


I looked up at the night sky. A limitless world beyond time it seemed. It was a cloudless night and I could see the milky way. It wandered between and trampled over the stars which were shining brighter than I've seen before. The wind hurled its self at my back. I shivered. THUNK! Somebody heaped another piece of wood on the fire. The fire crackled and spluttered indignantly. I pulled my marshmallow out of the fire. It was almost dripping off the stick. I couldn't wait to indulge in that sweet, sugary, warm, delicious taste again. I felt around my mouth. I could still taste the salty remains of the fish 'n chips we'd had for dinner. I let it cool of while I softly sang to my dad's guitar.
It was possibly the best, most peaceful night of my life.

By Briar

2 comments:

  1. Hi Briar

    I liked how you painted a picture in your head.I wished i was there to eat some marshmallow

    Great writing
    By Willie

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAME HERE Willie and Briar

    ReplyDelete