Friday, July 20, 2012

The Taste of Freedom by Sasha

As I climbed onto the horse's back he swayed slightly then stopped abruptly as if trying to tell me how a horse should act when someone is mounting them. I gazed down at the steep hill. I longed to canter down but I had strict instructions to walk.

"Steady now Harley," I whispered. He looked at me almost in a way that he understood. I could see tall oaks on the edge of the huge green fields. I smelt the sweet smell of dewy grass. I could hear the other horses whinnying, longing to be ridden. I could taste the taste of freedom.


3 comments:

  1. I think I know this horse? Great writing Sasha and I Love the last two sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Sasha you painted a picture in my head of you on a horse
    great writing Sasha

    From Anton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sasha,

    You had great descriptive language in your writing. It was interesting to hear that you go horse riding and I love how you wrote you had STRICT instructions.

    Well Done Sasha.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete