Wednesday, September 25, 2013

the history of Kahma's and Oceania's names

Oceania and Kahma

Kahma's name history

My name full is Kahma Florence Teuki R****-G******. All my names have a long background but I'll tell you about one of them. My middle name is Florence. A lot of people know the story of Florence Nightingale. She was from a very wealthy family. A sickness had spread around and a lot of people died mainly the poor people but all the rich people fled but Florence stayed to help the poor sick people. So my Mum liked the name so she put it as my middle name. Kahma is First name my dad chose it. People use my name as a saying, if you do a good deed then a good thing will happen to you they say you will have good Karma but if you do something bad they say you will have bad Karma.Once my Dad did a good deed for someone and they said good Karma. I think my name was meant to be! Kahma 

Oceania's name history

Hi my name is Oceania V****** l***. In my name I don't have lots of history like Kahma,  so how I got called Oceania was that mum and family really like the sea\ocean and they were talking about names. So when they got a baby they knew what to name it, mum said  if she had girl she will name her Nia and since they like the ocean and nia then our aunty said to put ocean and nia together to make Oceania:}.How I got the V****** was that mum was by herself  when she had me so she said she was going to make my last name V****** . Lucky last, my name L***. My mum had named me L*** because she had a rough time with me so my nana was talking lot's of care of me so she said that my middle name was L***. L*** is my grandmothers name.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kahma and Oceania,

    I really, really loved reading your stories of how you got your names. Isn't it so nice to know your families really thought about what to name you? There is so much honour in that.

    Kahma. Your post was eloquently written. Well done.
    Oceania. Your post evoked emotion. Malo lava!

    I am impressed.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kahma and Oceania,
    Its really cool how your names have meanings.
    It is really lucky for you two to have long middle names because most people usally only have one middle name.
    You also wrote your post really well!
    From Maya.

    ReplyDelete