Monday, April 25, 2011

Term One Reflections: Liam, Charlotte, Matthew and Frederica

Term One Reflection
In Term One, what happened? Well, I learnt how to subtract decimals. I also now know what prime numbers are, but my favourite thing in maths was learning about integers. In reading I liked doing 'The Spice Race' poster and in writing I liked doing my biography about Ole Kirk Christiansen aka 'The Lego Man'.
At Aloha I liked doing the haka in the rain and having some pizza. I also enjoyed seeing all the people there.
By Liam


Term One Reflection
I really surprised myself this term. I've really improved in my basic facts recall and I've also learnt about decimals. Now I know what they are and I don't get confused with tenths and points. I now know how to read numbers properly without getting confused. 
I think I need to improve in my spelling alot but I am loving writing and reading at the moment and I think the posters have been really fun. 
I learnt alot about colonisation (from The Colonisation Game). Living in 1607 sounds really awful even from the rich. I'm glad I'm alive now.
Art has been pretty cool. I learnt heaps about landscapes.
By Charlotte


Term One Reflection
My favourite thing this term has to be having Ruth as a teacher. She is funny and our class has done so much together. I have learnt heaps about the 1600's and what happened to the poor and the rich. The rich got lots of better things than the poor so it has been a very interesting topic.
Our class has done many different sports games like Toe Tag, Go Tag and more but I think I loved swimming sports the most because I came first in freestyle and breaststroke and second in backstroke. 
In maths I have learnt about prime numbers and that 2 is the only even prime number because it is the only even number that can only be divided by one and itself. 
I have learnt in writing that your writing doesn't have to be long to be good. In spelling I have learnt long 'e' and 'a' vowel sounds and that there are eight ways to spell the long 'a' sound.
Next term I am looking forward to camp so I can have fun in the water and forest for five days.
By Matthew


Reflection of Term One
This term I have noticed that I have come out of shell in maths. I am becoming more aware of how to subtract 2 digit numbers from other 2 digit numbers. I am also learning to tell how many tens are in 3 digit numbers by reading from left to right then up. I think I could use my time more wisely doing text book work because I get distracted.
In writing I want to start my writing with a question or in an interesting way to hook the reader in. I want to make more writing more descriptive and I might do that by putting in more facts about what I am talking about.
Frederica

2 comments:

  1. Hi guys,
    i really enjoyed reading all your reflections on term one,(although i couldn't really read Matthew's because it was in bright green!). Liam i loved the way you started your reflection it pulled me in i also liked doing my biography on Tove Jansson as well, and Charlotte,guess what even i sometimes get confused with number. Frederica, its great to her that your getting very confident in your maths!
    Keep it up, Lola!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liam, Charlotte, Matthew and Frederica,

    I just LOVE the fact you all commented on maths! How lucky am I to teach such a wonderful bunch of maths enthusiasts like you.

    I loved reading everyone's reflections because they also make me reflect on my job as your teacher and make me think about the best way to teach you.

    You all achieved so much last term so keep up the hard work peeps!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete