Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cause for Celebration 2: Mia M

Today Mia brought her violin to school and performed a piece of music called 'Bouree' by Handel. We were VERY impressed. She played with confidence and great flair. We couldn't believe she remembered the whole piece of music (it was quite long) off-by-heart. Impressive.
Then Mr Barker arrived with some visitors and so Mia played another piece of music called 'Humoresque' by Dvorak. It was also amazing.
Thanks for sharing Mia. You are a wonderful musician!

5 comments:

  1. I heard the lovely tones from your violin filtering into my room during my release time. It filled me with deep joy as I remember you playing for me, two years ago, and how shy you were. It made me proud to hear you play today and really helped my day get off to wonderful start ! Thanks for having the confidence to share.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mia

    You are really talented The sound of your playing is amazing.
    Do you enjoy playing the violin?
    You are very entertaining.
    We really deeply want you to play again.

    From Emma & Celia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mia,

    playing those two songs are really long and you are awsome to learn them off by heart!Also at the age of 9 you are very talented.How long have you been playing the Violin?

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mia your songs sounded great your
    a great player I wish I could play
    the Violin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mia,
    I loved listening to your Violin on Thursday.
    Every year I hear you play and every year you get even better, and I hope you get into the Orchestra.
    Keep up the good work!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete