Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cause for Celebration 1: Maia

This year we will posting about all the things we have to celebrate in Room 11. This means all the successes we have such as, examples of great work, acknowledging outstanding attitude, effort and persistence, and recognising children who are great role models and who demonstrate our school values. I am sure we will be posting a lot!!!
Our first 'Cause for Celebration' is this excerpt of Maia's writing. I am sure you will agree that this piece of writing is funny, smart and really quite clever. If you know Maia, you can probably imagine her reading it!


The Incredibly Preposterous Story of Dollinger the Giraffe

Dollinger the Giraffe was born on April 1st. In giraffe lore this meant that she was destined for great things, like bird spotting or playing the trumpet. Actually, it turned out that she liked neither of this things, but instead preferred writing poems about elephants' feet and designing ropes.
So altogether she was not what giraffes called a typical 'April Firsty'....



4 comments:

  1. Wow Maia,

    You have learnt alot during the past few years about writing!I hope that when you grow up you will write fabulously!Those few words you put in showed alot of effort.
    Well done Maia.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maia I Really Love your piece of writing I like how you talked about dollinger the giraffe and I never new dollinger could play the trumpet.
    I hope when you are older you could write books because I would love to read all of them

    From Emma

    ps cannot wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maia

    we love your story it is very entertaining and is very funny we
    hope to here more from you
    and we think you will be a great writer
    one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maia I love your story it sounds as though your going to be a writer when you get older I hope to see more of your writing soon!!!! (:

    ReplyDelete