Thursday, June 26, 2014

Jungle fire part 2

JUNGLE FIRE PART 2


As the water swallowed me into its depths, I caught a glimpse of a  dark green mottled giant turtle shell flash past my shocked bloodshot eyes, back ino the depths of the river.

As it came back up I realized I was in grave, grave danger. I launched myself up to the surface kicking with all I had left, all my spirit. When my head broke the surface somthing clamped onto my leg, its teeth piercing my skin dragging me under the water.

To be clear it fought, so I fought back kicking, punching and stabbing with my dagger. Flint fought too, when I mananged to drag myself onto the river bank I finished its piercing grasp by slitting its neck. It released its grip and I examined it … it...it was a Kapa, snatcher of children, mythical creature.

I took a claw from its cold floating corpse as proof of its existence, then I stood up and glumly stared into the fire, starting my long walk to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment