Monday, June 23, 2014

Remembered By Kahma

We are being threatened by a storm overhead. Our only mast has snapped from an earlier storm so we have no control over our boat what so ever. Now were heading in an unpleasant direction. Suddenly the boat starts to sway in a harsher manner than before. A nasty feeling is penetrating me we are being pulled by anxious waves. There are waiting for us to weaken so they can pull us down to the bottom of this black abyss so called the sea. Out of nowhere a crash of thunder frightens us and lightning is hiding in the clouds. I realize we are in the middle of the tempest. The unforgiving sea is trying to devour us. Suddenly a great surge of lightning strikes a deathly blow at our ship. I see the ocean getting closer. I now realize we are sinking and there's no way to stop it. Women and children are being called to the life boats along with others. I have an idea to make sure that if we don't make it that we will still be remembered. I quickly grab some paper and some ink then begin writing about what is currently happening and not to forget us. I finish then I grab a hollow wine bottle slip the paper in, clasp the lid on tight then toss it into the raged sea. Then I calmly walk to my cabin. I lie on my hammock preparing for the worse but I'm not afraid because I know I'm brave and courageous and I know we will not be forgotten. Suddenly I awake in my bed its morning and I'm at home in my house. I'm no longer at sea in 1607. I'm at home in 2014.... wait am I? ''Mum what's my name?'' I call. ''What do you mean Kahma?'' . I don't reply. It sure does feel good to be remembered. 

2 comments:

  1. I ticked every box because that was so tots amazables great words nice story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kahma, I was convinced you were doomed on your sinking ship, thank goodness your twist at the end had you safely at home in 2014. You used some really descriptive adjectives which made your writing so exciting to read. Great job.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete