Thursday, September 27, 2012

Egypt Medicine By Madeline

A few weeks ago, Room 11 were given a homework project about Egypt. We needed to find information on a topic about Egypt, in 3 weeks. Some people had chosen topics like, Mummies, Pyramids, Fashion, Egyptian gods etc. My topic was, ' Egyptian Medicine.'
I displayed it in two ways. The first way, was displayed like flyers. I had three main topics in the one flyer. The first topic was, " Weird Remedies." Second, was, " 'A' Jar ",  Which was a home remedy for cuts, and grazes. And my last was, " Interesting.." Which was the most interesting remedies, in Egypt.
All the flyers were displayed in a flyer display (which I borrowed from my auntie).
The second way I displayed my learning was, a taste tester. As seen in the first picture, I had a crystal cup-thingy, filled with, a red substance. Which was a replica of bats blood. In egypt, the acient Egyptians thought that Bats blood would cure your eyesight, because bats have good eyesight. I have no idea why they used the blood though. The 'Batsblod' was actually, water, with red food colouring, and a bit if jelly crystals, to make the water thicker. And it really only tasted like really waterey juice! 


By Madeline.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting facts - I am not sure about drinking either concoction.
    Bats blood that's a new one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madeline,

    It's obvious you put a lot of thought into the selection of your topic and how to display your information. Really interesting that the ancient Egyptians thought bat blood could cure poor eyesight.

    ReplyDelete