Monday, May 12, 2014

Hades

My eyes opened, the cold breeze gently brushed across my face. The ice cold rain water balmly slid down my alligatored  face. Branches of pohutakawa logs lay around me in a perfect formation of a rectangle. Terrified screams. Heat came closer and then I felt a hand on my shoulder, the overwhelmed me, it was the first human contact I have had in what feels like a life time. I gave a groan. The person was shocked, I felt a hand on my own. I was suddenly jerked up, my eyes opened again. It was a girl, blond, looked 16 year younger than me. She smiled and from then on I liked her from then on. She had beautiful blue eyes. She was wearing a tattered green shirt and ragged denim shorts. "Hi" she said, I blushed.

"Hi" I groaned back. There was a long awkward silence. Monstrous screams echoed towards us until they reached me, striking terror into my soul. A giant monster that looked half-Bat, half-Human and had fire consuming it. But it was no ordinary fire it was as black as midnight. The alien creature was feirce, blood dripping from it's dagger like teeth and it's wings as big as entire houses with white, blood drenched claws. Static electricity raced around its gargantuan body. This legend was never thought to be alive, my grandparents told stories of an undefeatable beast that ruled earth until the son of zues imprisoned him in a holy tree that was 10,000 years old sacrificing himself to keep all in safety. Obviously I thought that they were talking-lies until a had this appiffiny.
 Suddenly the monster was right in front of us in the air and I had to push the girl out of the way.

"Thanks" the girl said as we watched the demonic legend spiralled diagonally into the sky.
"I didn't catch your name"
"the names Emma green, and whats yours"
"Hades, Hades dark. I'm named after the God."
"geez" Emma said as we walked down the dusty gravel road. When we got to a fork in the road Emma motioned left. Soon we got to our destination. My mouth fell.

"Oh my God" I said slowly with amazement in my voice. There in front of me was a massive castle standing 200 ft tall, made of steel. The house seemed to cast a shadow over us and shade us, yet we were still warm and we could not see a shadow. Out of the corner of my eye I sensed movement but it wasn't movment of a human but infact it was the house.

1 comment:

  1. half-Bat, half-Human = bat-man! I wonder if it would look like a gargoyle?

    ReplyDelete