Monday, May 26, 2014

RUN by James

I was gasping for air. My palms were sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy while my flash light was not helping at all. It was down to a faint glow and at the top of my worst list there was a giant spider hot on my heels.  It was getting closer. Its legs chartering on the sharp jungle floor. My heart was pumping so hard that it could fly out of my chest. My rucksack jiggling so hard it could fly away.
I was being torn to bits by the thorns. I was running so hard. I looked back and I saw to my relief the monster was getting smaller and smaller but I still ran hard. I was so tired I think my senses were dull. I thought, "I'm safe". So I slowed down and started to walk. I was panting so hard I did not realise that I was about to walk into a wall. Bang! My head whacked a stone. Stunned, I tumbled back. I tripped and fell back.

4 comments:

  1. Hi James,
    What an awesome blog post.
    Keep it up, Shaan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James,
    What a story. That was a very descriptive piece of writing. When I read the first few words, I wanted to know HEEEEPS more.
    Awesome job James, Marley

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear James, that's such wonderfully evocative writing - I was totally there with you, although you were running so fast I couldn't keep up! Great writing, my Jamie Boy. Your Dad.

    ReplyDelete