Thursday, March 13, 2014

Jungle Fire Part 1 by Oska



Streaking fire gnawed through the clearing as though it was a wild wolf howling great bursts of flames.

I snatched Flint, my sooty coloured baby flying snake, out of the sky around me. He gave a hiss of disapproval, but when he caught sight of the fire his turquoise eyes turned huge and glossy.

We leapt out of our tree hut to land on the forest floor. I had my backpack on just in case the fire burned down the...Oh crud! It was going to! I leaped and plunged towards the river, when I reached it I dived in, unaware of the hidden danger…

My name is James Dare, I was brought up in the raging forests of Heria cut away from the rest of the kingdom.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Oska, James Dare sounds like he has an exciting life! You have used lots of very descriptive adjectives which help me to picture in my mind what is happening. Keep up the great writing.
    Kerry R10

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Oska and James,
    We really liked the descriptive words in your writing.
    Shea and Anzac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Oska,
    I love your writing and the awesome WOW words you used.
    From Shaan.

    ReplyDelete